Halve Your Cake
Your Mindful Mouthful

About

Passion. Experience. Hope.

About

I began Halve your Cake in 2016 with the goal of helping everyone be their best possible self through a healthy diet. Before we go any further let's talk about what HEALTHY means. There is so much confusing information out there spurred on by the internet and media world about what is and is not healthy. I practice evidenced based health care, based on the foundation of MODERATION and the 80/20 rule. Eat well 80% of the time, and then you can splurge the other 20%, but stay mindful and practice moderation. Sounds easy, right? But it takes work.

Here at Halve your Cake, I can help you optimize your health and become the best version of YOU possible. Whether you are wanting to make changes to improve your general wellness or you are dealing with certain health issues, you have come to the right place. Using an integrative health model we are going to talk about diet and exercise, but also sleep and stress management.  I will listen to what your goals are and we will work together to create realistic plan to achieve them. One small step at a time makes for big change.

Kathleen Johnson

JHH bio photo.jpg

registered dietitian

MA, RD, LDN

Welcome and thanks for stopping by! I’m Kathleen. Registered Dietitian and food lover. I completed my dietetic training at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, learning how treat complex disease states, through food and nutrition support. I received my Master’s Degree in Nutrition Education from Immaculata University. Since then I have worked in multiple settings, including some time at Trader Joe’s overseeing the creation of nutrition facts panel for products, and at University of Maryland Medical Center in the Center for Weight Management and Wellness.

I live in Baltimore with my husband and son. I love being active , and have completed several half marathons and a marathon. I just took up sewing after many years and am working on my first full size quilt. I love coffee! Like really love it, although I try to stick to just one cup a day. I too have to practice that moderation lingo I talk about :) 

 

Get in touch

At Halve your Cake I know how difficult it can be to find health care providers. Let's make at least something easy. Contact Kathleen for more information by email, phone, or set up an online booking below.

kathleen@halveyourcake.com

302-990-2253

Education

IMMACULATA UNVERSITY
M.A., Nutrition Education, 2015

JOHNS HOPKINS BAYVIEW MEDICAL CENTER  Dietetic Internship, 2012

URSINUS COLLEGE
B.S., Biology with minor in Women's Studies, 2008

Activities & Affiliations

• Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Member
• Crohn's and Colitis Foundation, Committee Member

Certifications

• Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management Program